Founded in Hamilton, Ontario in 2014, Radicle Medical Marijuana is a licensed Cannabis Company under the Cannabis Act. Radicle and Gage have a mission to become the leader in the craft cannabis segment with the highest standards in social responsibility and ethical business practices, and is a proud platinum member of the Ontario Living Wage Program. The company’s world-class cannabis team produces premium indoor small-batch cannabis that is hydroponically grown. Radicle/Gage received its grower’s license in January 2018.
The Finance Manager, reporting to the CEO, will be responsible for the financial health of the organization and group companies. This role will also be responsible for developing financial reports and strategies for the Board of Directors. Directing and managing the accounting systems and processes of the organization. This job requires in-depth understanding of taxation requirements including excise duty payments, draw backs and help the company abide by the taxation rules. Guide senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Budgeting and forecasting for all departments and organization.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department.
- Work with operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
- Work with external auditors, audit committee and Board of Directors.
- Prepare and review financial data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Manage research and development program for CCRA and accounting requirements.
- Work with sales on product pricing, costing and margins.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures
- Provides advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Sets the priorities within accounting group
- Coordinating the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements
- Coordinates all other customer and government audits
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Generation of reports of performance against budgets
- Supporting new systems or project selections and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
- Ensures rapid and consistent collection of receivables by refining and implementing control mechanisms
- Assigns and authorizes cheques, purchase orders and invoices
- Promotes and maintains positive corporate relations with the financial community
- With input from the CEO, responsible for the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Calculation and payment of taxes (Excise+HST) on time
- Analyze costs, prices, variable contributions, sales/company performance compared to objectives.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek methods for minimizing financial risk to the company while maximizing profits.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings. Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial/commercial regulations and legislation.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Planning & Prioritizing skills;
- Research & analytical skills
- Critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Prompt, complete and on time delivery of reports, tasks.
- Willingness to work long hours to complete the priorities and financial reports.
- Willingness to get trained, learn and add value to the organization.
- Highly proficient with advanced computer skills – Excel, V lookup, power point presentations.
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity and honesty
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, CMA, CMT) preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records, pension, profit sharing, and the like is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Accounting software, MS Office and Excel
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Knowledge of publicly traded companies
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Understanding of the Cannabis industry is necessary
To apply please send a resume to email@example.com with subject line stating Finance Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.